A. Capacity-building trainings on the RPGIAM as issued under Circular Letter (CL) No. 2020-8 - being conducted to ensure the full adoption of the revised manual by government agencies concerned in the performance of their internal audit functions.
Said trainings aim to provide personnel concerned of the internal audit service/unit from different departments, agencies and corporations with the foundational skills on the following:
- Understanding internal control and its principles and concepts;
- Understanding internal audit, its concepts and standards, and the organization of a unit for the purpose;
- Undertaking strategic and annual work planning for internal audit;
- Understanding the scope and process of internal audit; and
- Conduct compliance audit.
B. Training of Trainers (ToT) on the RPGIAM - intended to select and capacitate potential trainers who will be tapped for the RPGIAM capacity-building trainings for internal auditors.
In particular, it aims to:
- Equip the potential trainers with supplemental knowledge and necessary skills, tools, and techniques to make them effective and efficient trainers and facilitators—face to face and virtually;
- Familiarize them with the overview and design of the training program for the rollout of the RPGIAM; and
- Assess/evaluate the behavior, attitude, knowledge and skills of the potential trainers in demonstrating their understanding of the RPGIAM and readiness to become trainers, as well as identify their respective areas of specialization, strengths and development areas.
After the conduct of said training, it is expected that those who passed the evaluation will be added to the roster of recognized resource persons on the NGICS and RPGIAM, pursuant to DBM CL No. 2021-9 dated 14 October 2021.